Five reasons to be an Intern with the UNESCO Center for peace
1. Multidisciplinary: The UNESCO Center for peace is a multidisciplinary organization that is involved and active in many roles and functions, from community outreach, to regional events, national networking associations to global awareness. We offer opportunities for individuals from all fields to participate in our projects.
2. Challenging: Being an intern at the UNESCO Center for Peace gives you an excellent environment to hone your present skills and develop new ones, while at the same time gaining knowledge from our resource and partners all over the country and all over the world. An internship with the UNESCO Center for Peace is a gateway for real world experience, with knowledgeable an experienced staff supporting you all the way.
3. Networking: The UNESCO Center for Peace has built a alliances with various offices, companies and organizations in the Washington DC Metro area. Major partners include Americans for UNESCO, the US National Commission for UNESCO, The United States Institute of Peace (USIP), the City of Frederick, Frederick County Public Schools, Prince George County Public School, Hood College, Frederick Community College and The Hubble Space Telescope (HST) at John Hopkins University to name a few. Our strong network, both national and international, is a dynamic resource to have when entering the workforce.
4. Enlightening: Being an intern at the UNESCO Center for Peace is an opportunity to explore and learn about cultures, social issues and challenges beyond your own. By meeting and working with colleagues from different part of the world, and sharing ideas and goals, you get to expand your worldview to include a global perspective and an understanding of your role as an individual and more importantly, a peace-builder.
5. FUN: The UNESCO Center for Peace is all about making learning fun! Prepare for an eyeopening experience that will be educational, transformative and unforgettable.