History and Mission
The History of the Alumni Association
Over the last 10 years, over 1000 students and facilitators from the U.S. and across the globe have attended our Model UN program. Bringing to us their unique experience and taking with them fun memories of the program. Recently, a number of alumni proposed the creation of the IMUN Alumni Association to discuss ways and means of “perpetuating the memories of their life at the RMUN and IMUN and at the same time strengthen the good influence the Center might exert through graduates.” After several informal discussions, a motion was made to establish an Alumni Association. Without a dissenting vote this motion was carried and by acclamation a committee was appointed to “retire and frame a report on offices and officers.”
The Mission of the Alumni Association
The mission of the IMUN Alumni Association is to foster lifelong support for the Center’s mission through programs, activities and events for its alumni, future alumni and friends who are forever members of the UNESCO Center for Peace family.
The Vision of the Alumni Association
IMUN Alumni Association will be a premier association that connects UNESCO Center for Peace with existing and future alumni to build relationships and touch lives globally.
Goals of the Alumni Association
- Foster mutually beneficial lifelong relationships by enhancing networking of alumni, future alumni and friends.
- Understand and actively promote a positive image of UNESCO Center for Peace and the Alumni Association.
- Maintain an evolutionary Alumni Association with a vision to address an ever changing environment.
- Build and maintain human and financial resources that strengthen the association’s ability to accomplish its mission.
- Maintain a commitment to service.
- To join the IMUN Alumni Association, find more about the association or propose an idea, please write to email@example.com